INTERNET DISCOUNT AVAILABLE
The Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development has partnered with several state offices and the Utah State Board of Education to announce the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. This temporary benefit will help to lower the cost of broadband Internet service for eligible households during the COVID-19 pandemic. Enrollment for the program is underway now.
The program provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband Internet service for eligible households. Additionally, the benefit provides up to a $100 per household discount toward a one-time purchase of a computer, laptop, or tablet from a participating broadband provider.
You are eligible if at least one member of your household:
· Qualifies for Lifeline telephone/broadband program.
· Receives free or reduced school lunch.
· Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current year.
· Experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19.
· Participates in an existing low-income internet or COVID-19 program.
More information about the program and a list of local participating Internet service providers can be found on the state’s Emergency Broadband Benefit webpage.